Sunday, January 26, 2014

The arched entry door Minster Oh the beginning

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Ive been making some adjustments to the maple desks top, and while a fresh coat of stain is drying on that, I decided to turn my attention to the upcoming project - the arched entry door.
I made a paper template of the existing door during my visit to the home in Minster. I decided the very first thing I need to do is make a copy of the template! A lot of people forget this step, and if your only template gets screwed up, well...
I traced it onto a piece of 3/8" plywood, and cut it out on the bandsaw. This reminded me of an article I read about construction in ancient Rome and how they figured out arches. You can read the article by clicking here.



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment